Policies and Guidelines
THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION
SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN
Teacher /child ratio will always be followed as per OCFS rules and regulations. The children will never be left unattended at any time. Children will be released to the contract holder only, unless prior written authorization and identification are both established.
All meals will be provided by the parent. Nutritious snacks will be provided by Kidz Town. Portions will always be suitable for the age of the child. There will always be enough for second helpings if a child desires. Children will be encouraged to feed themselves when age appropriate.
Each day a daily health check will be conducted. Signs of illness, injury, abuse, or maltreatment will be identified / documented. Kidz Town will inform the parent if their child is injured under our care. Parents will receive a written report of incident with details of how, when, and what treatment was administered.
A written program plan of activities will always be available for parents. The schedule is made flexible to meet the needs of all the children. Plans will include playtime, meals, nap/rest time, learning activities, and outdoor time. The Program will promote education, social, cultural, emotional, and recreational activities.
Children may not attend Kidz Town if child develops a temperature of 101 Fahrenheit rectally or 100 Fahrenheit under arm, unless a written note from the physician states child may attend day care, (along with a diagnosis) and approval to return. Child will need to be fever free for 24 hours without medication before returning. Children that have three or more persistent episodes of diarrhea within a 24 hour period will not be able to attend until it has ended or returned to child’s normal pattern. Children that have two or more episodes of vomiting within a 24 hour period or symptoms of dehydration will not be able to attend until it has ended. Children with cold symptoms such as green/yellow mucus discharge from their nose or eyes, and persistent coughing will not be able to attend until symptoms are being treated and completely gone. Unknown rash (except diaper rash) or Contagious skin rash (impetigo, ringworm, and head lice) are not permitted into daycare until fully treated. Parents will need to review medical policy, and sign section on contract stating you fully understand the medical policy.
MY RESPONSIBILITY AS A PARENT OF KIDZ TOWN
- Return Emergency Blue card information – update information as needed
- Medical Forms must be completed by your child’s physician prior to admission – forms must be updated yearly and/or as new immunizations are received
- All supplies must be labeled with child’s full name
- If your child is in diapers, please provide them with a supply – teachers will notify you in writing as your supply is running low
- If your child is not fully potty trained a count of 180 wipes are required at the beginning of every month.
- If your child is required to use special wipes, please provide and label with full name
- Fully understand and commit to the medical policy set in place
- Emergency evacuation meeting spot (far right of the parking lot)
- Kidz Town does not administer any type of medication – prescribed or over the counter
- Topical ointment will only be applied if a completed permission slip is filled out (diaper creams/sunscreen)
- Lunch will need to be provided from home each day – Kidz Town always has snacks available. If a child has forgotten lunch, we will make sure that a lunch filled with required nutrients will be provided for an additional cost. Supplemental lunch: Soup, mac & cheese (always available)
- Parents are to resume responsibility for supervision of child once they leave Kidz Town’s facility
- All children are accepted into Kidz Town on a trial basis. The director will meet with the staff to assure that this is the best program for your child and will meet all their needs.
- If you have any questions regarding your responsibilities, please feel free to contact Danielle Canero, Director